Lynk Jobs Limited is an enterprise providing a technology platform that connects gig workers to clients. The tech platform provides the ‘entrepreneurship infrastructure’ which informal workers are commonly lacking – a digital career identity, marketing, customer service and payment management services.
- The informal sector accounts for 83% of Kenya’s labor force, from plumbers to housekeepers, yet the vast majority of work is granted through ad hoc connections, leading to low wages, irregular work, and few opportunities to build a career. Lynk: is a social enterprise providing a technology platform that connects gig workers(Pros) to clients. The tech platform provides the entrepreneurship infrastructure which informal workers are commonly lacking – a digital career identity, marketing, customer service and payment management services.
- Lynk’s commoditization innovation focuses on expanding the market for fundis by curating products and services based on market research to structure both the price and the nature of engagement between Pros and clients.
- Lynk seeks to test and introduce commoditization to their platform and expects to expand the digital gig work market by increasing transparency and satisfaction for both gig workers and customers.
- Lynk generates income by charging a standard 10% commission of services delivered to the customer.
Key Milestones under KCJF
- Lynk piloted the commoditization strategy in Nov 2018 and was able to increase worker utilization five-fold, having connected workers to 700+ manicure jobs in 3 months.
- Lynk has facilitated 1,336 Pros’ jobs on the platform. The jobs matched on the platform to date have involved the transfer of over Ksh 225,506,754 (Approx 225K USD) from customers to Pros.
Johannes Dean is the co-founder and CTO of Lynk Jobs Ltd. Johannes is a python developer and economist. He previously worked as Research Assistant with University of Konstanz and most recently as a Data Modeling manager with Energie Baden-Württemberg AG. He holds a Bachelor of Economics from the University of Mannheim.
Adam Grunewald is the co-founder and CEO of Lynk. He has previously worked as Product Marketing Manager with Google. He holds a Bachelor degree in Political Science and Government from The Johns Hopkins University.